[nabs-l] NFB Training Center

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 03:56:01 UTC 2010

Casandra,
  Just my  little  bit of two cents to offer would be  this...
 I remember thatI needed to justify to my counsoler that  what
California  ( the state where I was residing)  had to offere in
regards to state ran   training centers was not what I was going to
best benifit from.
 to do this I had to do some  research into  the center(s)  the state
wanted to send me to and  then do research on the  NFB training center
(s) I wanted to go to.
  Once I gathered my facts, i wrote a letter of justification ( a
letter clearly articulating the main  things I am wanting to gain from
taking the time to  gain skills, and what  the NFB center offers that
the state ran center does not.)
 Unfortunately, I no longer have that letter, as it went into nothing
ness when my computer died on me some years back.
 I'm very positive  that   there are many people  hereon this list
that  have  stories to share that may be more helful than mine. That
said, I hope  my story helped you a little
 best,
  Darian

--
Darian Smith
Skype: The_Blind_Truth
Windows Live: Lightningrod2010 at live.com
The National Federation of the Blind has launched a nationwide teacher
recruitment campaign to help attract energetic and passionate
individuals into the field of blindness education, and we need your
help!   To Get Involved  go to:
www.TeachBlindStudents.org