[nabs-l] other languages screen readers

Josh jkenn337 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 17:33:17 UTC 2010

Hi

you don't need that insert-4 shortcut, windows provides a much better way to type in other languages.
go to control panel.
regional and language settings
go to the languages tab, hit details, go to keyboard in the tree-view, tab to add, choose the language, hit ok. set your keyboard shortcut and you're done. for me, hitting alt+shift switches me between languages then to type an a+acute accent I hit left bracket, a, and there it is. you don't need jaws to type in other languages. sighted people don't have a special symbols dialog, if they want other languages they learn the alt codes with the numberPad, or they add a keyboard language using control panel.

Josh Kennedy jkenn337 at gmail.com http://jkenn337.klangoblog.net