[nabs-l] *breaking news*National Association Of Blind Students membership committee presents: Training Centers; a conference call

Kerri Kosten kerrik2006 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 01:01:27 UTC 2010

Hey Darian and All:

I definitely want to attend both of these sessions.

However, I and possibly others who use the Iphone may have a little problem.

As you may or may not know, the Iphone is touchscreen...everything touchscreen.

When dialing a regular number as the one for the call, it is fine.

However, when entering an extention or in this case a passcode, it
becomes tricky. You have to explore around the screen until you find
the "keypad" button. After that you have to hit the numbers on the
touch-virtual screen. It is very hard to do, and often slow. So, the
time in order to dial the extention/passcode often times out and you
have to try several times in order to dial the numbers for the
passcode fast enough.

The call begins at 5:30...what time should those of us who use the
Iphone begin trying to enter the room without being too early?

Sorry this is such a strange question...the only reason I am asking is
my NFB chapter has these conference calls and I began trying to enter
the meeting five minutes before and was a couple of minutes late
because I couldn't dial the extention fast enough on the Iphone.

I don't want to be too early but I don't want to be late and interrupt
things either.

Thanks!
Kerri