[nabs-l] plane fares for Louisiana and Colorado

Elizabeth lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 21 03:58:37 UTC 2010

Well, with all do respect, I would not make a decision based solely upon hearing about one bad experience any more than I would on the cost of the airline ticket. Just because someone else had a bad experience does not necessarily mean that you will experience the same. Everyone goes to a training center at different stages of accepting their blindness and possibly their identity as simply just another person in this world who happens to be blind. So I think maturity can also play a role in how much you get out of a training center as well.

And as far as learning specific skills like learning how to ride a subway, I do not think it really matters which center you choose because I think all three would prepare you to perform this skill. I know of several graduates from the Louisiana Center who ride the subway just fine. The key ingredient is confidence in thinking that you can perform a skill no matter what kind of situation you may encounter along the way.

Elizabeth