[nabs-l] being scholastically social?

Serena serenacucco at verizon.net
Mon Mar 22 21:30:07 UTC 2010

When I was in college, I joined several clubs, including a couple of
mentoring programs for disadvantaged youth and a club for people with
disabilities.  Although the club didn't necessarily promote the NFB
philosophy exactly, it wasn't against the NFB, either.  I finally joined it
for comrodory more than anything else, after an ignorant sighted so-called
friend badmouthed a fellow blind student to me about his lack of blindness
skills.  Although some of her points were valid, I always tried to keep my
opinion about the blind student's lack of skills to myself and thaught it
was inappropriate for her to talk about him to me.

Serena