[nabs-l] getting employment

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun May 2 23:17:44 UTC 2010

Hi all,
Now that I finished school last year, I'm looking for employment full time or part time if that is what comes along.I am looking for administrative and clerical jobs mostly because that is what I'm qualified for.  I haven't found many leads yet partly since the economy is bad.
Any advice?  I'm trying to network with friends and former coworkers from internships.
How long did the job search take?  When you were interviewed did they ask you about your vision or were accomodations discussed?
I am hopefully when I do apply and then get interviewed they focus on my skills not my vision.  I don't mind sharing about alternative techniques and how I might use different tools for the job, but I don't want much focus on my visual impairment.

Ashley