[nabs-l] canes and increasing sensation of blindness

Briley Pollard brileyp at gmail.com
Sun May 2 23:48:40 UTC 2010

It is encouraged to use a cane, even when traveling sighted guide. This way, you are still in command of your own travel. You still are interacting with your environment, in addition to the information the sighted person may be providing you. Traveling at any point with no mobility aid is not safe, and leaves you vulnerable.

Briley