[nabs-l] Appreciating our roots

Corbb O'Connor corbbo at gmail.com
Mon May 3 16:56:18 UTC 2010

Joe,

I am surprised that some don't see the benefits to our building of the
Jernigan Institute. The older wing was crowded and didn't give us the
flexibility we needed for large events. For those who don't see the
benefits of what we have built in Baltimore, I urge you to go visit
for a variety of different events. Our Members Hall is a huge, open
space that works for youth events when they want to run around and for
large-scale fundraisers. Our NFB of Utah Auditorium allows us to host
the tenBroek Law Symposium every year, and provides space for our
Baltimore chapter to have its meetings -- in essence -- for free. We
have several conference rooms that make holding simultaneous
conferences possible. As somebody who has organized and attended
dozens of events in our building in Baltimore, the space gives us the
flexibility, technology, and space to complete any type of event --
from formal galas to informal youth leadership conferences. If you
haven't been to our Center for big and small events, I urge you to go.
It is, after all, our building.

Corbb