[nabs-l] Fwd: [Members] Airline apologizes for forgetting blind teen

Darrell Shandrow darrell.shandrow at gmail.com
Sun May 16 01:33:17 UTC 2010

Hello Sarah and all,

I think we may want to exercise care before judging this situation too
quickly.

Many times while traveling by air, flight attendants have asked that I
wait until the plane has emptied before leaving. Sometimes I do this and
sometimes I don't.

If Jessica were asked to wait, then she were forgotten, then she
certainly does have a very legitimate complaint here.

We also need to keep in mind that members of the blind community have
wide ranging capabilities and other disabilities with which they must cope.

As always, this just comes down to the fact we all must exercise our due
diligence while performing our jobs to avoid problems of this sort.