[nabs-l] book requests from publishers

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Wed Oct 6 01:36:27 UTC 2010

I don't know about "requiring" but they derive no benefit from a
transaction for a used book, so from their point of view they
received nothing.  So, if they require a purchase to release
electronic files, then yes they can require you to purchase a new
book.  That is their business and interest after all -- selling new
books in one form or another.

Dave