[nabs-l] NABS October Bulletin!

Arielle Silverman nabs.president at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 04:06:54 UTC 2010

National Association of Blind Students
>From the Desk of the President
October 5, 2010

1.  NABS Reps are Here for You!
2.  This Month's Conference Call: Science and More!
3.  NABS Kicks off Pennies for Pages Fund-Raiser!
4.  Announcement from Virginia!
5.  Minutes from Last NABS Board Meeting!

NABS Reps are Here for You!
Are you hoping to organize a new student division at your state
convention this year? Is your division looking for new ideas or
planning a change of leadership? Are you looking for advice from
someone who is experienced in organizing and leading student
divisions? The NABS board are here to help! Our NABS officers travel
across the country each year attending many of our NFB state
conventions and helping your state divisions connect with the national
NABS.  If you would like to have a NABS board representative come to
your next state convention, student seminar, or other event, you can
request a NABS rep by going to our website,
www.nabslink.org
and filling out the online form.  Also, check out the "About Us" page
of our website to find out which NABS board member is assigned to your
state.

This Month’s Conference Calls: Science and More!
**This month we will be having two conference calls: one for blind
students and one for their parents! Below is information about the
student call; information about the parent call will be sent out in a
separate message.

Attention All Students!
Ever been curious about what majors and specializations blind
individuals have had in the past? Have you ever felt like learning
about fields such as Science, Technology, Engineering and Math-
(STEM), are “too difficult”? Do alternative techniques a blind person
may use in such fields just baffle you?
If any of the above apply to you-
Please attend the Membership phone call, presented by the Membership
Committee of the National Association of Blind Students. We are going
to cover concerns, techniques, and generalized information about how
blind students can participate on equal terms with their sighted
peers, even when focusing on STEM fields.