[nabs-l] idea for math and science documentation

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Sat Oct 9 10:45:37 UTC 2010

Howdy folks,
I personally have started using LaTeX extensively. I do my exams using
it and the profs love it because if you run it through a pdf converter
it looks just like what they're used to seeing. I use it for all my
notes and what not because it provides a standard method for
representing math and science material, which my degree is heavy on.

As for reading it, I just read the LaTeX code. I think having to have a
special reader such as a daisy reader or math player would introduce an
extra pain in the ass factor for me honestly. The PDF's it generates are
basically unreadable if they have math symbols, but I even found a way
around that if I need text which has been type set but which is also
accessible. I found that if you use plastex to convert to html, then it
will use images for the equations and that. However, it will tag them
using alt=, and the alt tag will contain the LaTeX code used to generate
them. Very nice.
--
They say god has always been. Linux and I will now disprove that:
$ ar m God