[nabs-l] Note takers

trising trising at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 21 17:56:01 UTC 2010

I use a Pac Mate BX, which means the unit has a Braille keyboard, with a 40 cell Braille display. I believe, if I could only have
one piece of technology, this is the one I would want. I can read books in Braille on it from Bookshare,, NLS, and Optasia
Ministries. I can take Minutes and use it for all my duties as the NFB of Michigan Secretary. A new unit is very expensive, but we
bought our units off ebay for a fraction of the price and then sent them in to get them refurbished and turn them into Pacmate
omnis. We have an extra Pac Mate BX without a Braille display for sale. The displays often come up on ebay as well, and that is
where we got ours. If you are interested, email off list
trising at sbcglobal.net
Terri Wilcox