[nabs-l] Personal aides and other services in school

Amy Sabo amylsabo at comcast.net
Tue Sep 7 02:56:40 UTC 2010

hello arielle and all,

this is a good topic indeed and, i will share some of my accomodiations that i used when i was in school. from kindergarden through 6th grade i had ot for my blindness and also for gross motor skills due to my syndrome. but, i didn't get a tvi to assist me until i was in high school. the tvi enlarged handouts for me, and worked with the teachers to assist me in school.

i didn''t use too many alternative techniques when i was in high school or middle school because i was in denial of my blindness and, i didn't accept my blindness until i was out of high school. all of my alternative techniques that i now use i learned on my own. i didn't find the nfb until 1995 and, i didn't start my college career until 2000.

thanks for asking this and, i will talk to you all soon.

hugs,
from amy