[nabs-l] Phone number to reach NFB newsline

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 18:13:14 UTC 2010

The number for the toll-free Newsline is 1-888-882-1629

Corporate can be reached at 1-866-504-7300Toll-. From them, you can
find out the numbe for your state's Newsline representative, who can
give you local Newsline numbers. Remember, using local numbers saves
Newsline money! Every time you use the toll-free number, it costs
Newsline! Save them money they can use to add new newspapers and
magazines by using your local number, which works just the same as the
toll-free number. The other option is to use a long-distance number if
you have free long-distance or call from a cell phone. This number can
also be obtained from Corporate or your state representative.

You can also read Newsline online! Go to
http://www.nfbnewslineonline.org/ and you can read articles online,
"in your pocket" with a portable daisy player, or create podcasts of
articles that you can put on your MP3 player or portable daisy player.
With Newsline Online, your favoourites list is unlimited and browsing
newspapers and magazines is very simple. I use the podable system to
get articles that I can pout on my VictorReader Stream or NLS Digital
Talking Book Player, but am considering changing to the In Your Pocket
system, which will also work with my VictorReader Stream. You don't
have to be tied down to a phone, and you can download each day's
articles as you get ready for work, then rad the articles on the way
to work, during your lunch break, or anytime you want!

The only downside I've found is that there isn't a way to e-mail
yourself downloaded articles. But you can keep the ones you download
for as long as you want, so that's a great alternative to e-mailing
it. You can also have entire newspapers and magazines, or parts of
either e-mailed to you, so that's great too. I hope you'll look at
NFB-Newsline Online as a possible alternative to the phone system, but
remember that the phone system is always available should you not have
Internet available, your Internet crashes, or you simply don't have
anyting to download the articles onto.

Enjoy,
Jewel

--
~Jewel
Check out my blog about accessibility for the blind!