[nabs-l] Advocating for yourself?

Brian Hatgelakas brian.hatgelakas at verizon.net
Wed Sep 8 23:14:26 UTC 2010

Ashley,

Doesn't your mom know that access is a door to door service.  Meaning they'd pick you up at your front door of your house and drive you to wherever you needed to go and vice versa.  My mom was like yours in that she doubted my independence at first but when I finally lived in a dorm room, she was convinced that I was like any sighted person.  I've lived in an apartment for over a year about 20 minutes away and I'm very successful. I have also gained tons of respect    from my family.  I take public and para transit and I get help on the public busses with assistance if I need it.  I am planning on moving to Athens Georgia for a radio job and I can't wait to experience new things.  If you want to email me off list email me at brian.hatgelakas at verizon.net.  or call me at 412-862-8644.  What is your phone number and email Ashley I'd love to talk to you and help you out.