[nabs-l] braille note V. Packmate

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 14:27:22 UTC 2010

I've had the rare privilege of using all three leading notetakers for an
extended period of time.  In terms of software, I believe the Pac Mate is
superior to the BrailleNote family and Sense products.  In terms of
portability, I think it is a distant last place.  Both the Braille and
QWERTY models are larger than necessary and defeat the concept of a
notetaker.  I believe the life span of the Pac Mate will be rather short
unless Freedom Scientific decides to keep pace with Windows 7.  I wound up
choosing the BSP for its relative portability and fantastic quiet keyboard.
I think it has the most potential and will hopefully be the first to feature
an open SDK to expand functionality.  This last is merely a personal
projection, not at all based on hard evidence.

Best,

Joe Orozco