[nabs-l] Would love some help or advice from any blind graduate students

Nat Barrett hawaiianstar at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 21:49:32 UTC 2010

Hello Nabs list,

My name is Natalie and I only joined the mailing list a day or so ago. I'm really hoping to get some help. Someone recommended I try this mailing list, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

First off, I'm a totally blind person, and while I'm not a student now, I was a student up until this past May. Since graduating I've debated with myself on whether to continue on with a masters degree. I really would love to, but I've come across a few roadblocks.

My first roadblock is taking the GRE. I really would like to talk with anyone offlist if they're blind and have taken the GRE. Or done whatever needs to be done to get into the graduate program at their respective schools. I really would like to know how they studied, what kinds of accomodations they got for it and so on.

I have more questions, but I don't want to clutter this e-mail. I'm interested in talking to anyone who can help me. Even if they're not a graduate student now. Anyone with any kind of tips, advice, or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Natalie