[nabs-l] Would love some help or advice from any blind graduate students

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 21:40:04 UTC 2010

I just took the GRE, and some great advice has been given, but what
hasn't been mentioned is that now blind students can use a voiced GRE.
It is awesome, and ETS will send you a practice test so you can become
familiar with the key strokes which honestly are not different from
typical screen readers, just a few test specific things. That way, you
can get your unofficial math and verbal scores right after the test so
no suspense in waiting!

Definitely email me at clb5590 at gmail.com. I have some great study
materials to pass along, and can give some tips. I am just now looking
at programs, so I can't tell you what grad school is like, but I can
tell you what I plan to do, and just some general grad school tips
that i have heard.

And NABS board, I think a grad school/GRE/other grad school entrance
exam conference call would be well attended just based on how many
emails i have seen on the list about it in the last year. Maybe
sometime sooner than later would be better since grad apps are
typically due in December, psychology ones that is; other programs
might be different.

Cindy