[nabs-l] Math Textbook

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 20:49:48 UTC 2010

I've found that, at least with my college, they are very nitpikcy
about what Braille they print. They told me straight up that they
would not emboss an entire book, even when I told them that Braille
was my primary reading method and that I am very bad with audio books
when it comes to classes. They told me that they simply can't take the
time to emboss an entire Braille book that I'm only ggoing to use for
one semester, and said they aren't likely to even emboss parts of the
book. They provided the books in digital format, though, which takes
as much, if not more, time as embossing does...I thought it was rather
odd and that this lack of understanding for the need of Braille was
stupid. But that's why DSB got me my own embosser and a refreshable
Braille display, so I could read digital Braille and emboss what I
needed myself. I can't wait to get my embosser, and I plan on
Brailling the parts of the books needed for class so I can bring the
hardcopy Braille...at least for Spanish and mathematics classes.

--
~Jewel
Check out my blog about accessibility for the blind!