[nabs-l] Math Textbook

Anita Adkins aadkins7 at verizon.net
Sun Sep 19 21:42:46 UTC 2010

Hi, I am at Frostburg State University in Frostburg, and they do not do much
brailling.  They do braille tests, but you have to be an excellent braille
reader because braille goes off the page and is split from page to page and
all that.  But, I appreciate all Braille.  As I had said, I do have an
embosser and can Braille my handouts and PDF books.  I would be more willing
to Braille for others, but I don't have paper or the time to code the files.
I just copy and paste, and so some of my books are brailled horribly, but I
don't have time to edit the books and study at the same time.  I do turn on
the code mode in Duxbury and erase all the blank lines just to save on
paper.  Which state are you in, and what school do you attend.  For my
graduate degree, I plan to go home to WV and attend WVU in Morgantown to
obtain a vision certification because I want to work in the field of
blindness.  For now, I am a senior hoping to graduate with a degree in
Elementary Education/Language Arts in December of 2011.  This semester will
be my first semester in the school system.  I dread dealing with print books
and all, and I am planning to ask if a copy of the book is available in
Braille somewhere since it might be available for blind fourth graders
anyway.  I'm not holding my breath though.  Have a great evening.  Anita