[nabs-l] volunteer opportunities

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 20:55:31 UTC 2010

Hi Students,

For one of my classes, I need to work 15 volunteer hours. I have contacted a
few agencies in my area. So here is my question, do you tell the agency that
you will be volunteering at, that your blind or visually impaired? The
reason I am asking, where I live does not have good transportation, mainly
because I am so far out of the city and in the burbs. The one agency I
already spoke to, wanted me to visit the homes of elderly blind people. I
would not normally mind this, but with my transportation woes, I can't
secure transportation for this. I am already paying a driver to get to and
from school. And the money that I was "suppose" to get from my state to help
with these cost, has not come in as of yet.

So do you tell the place that you will be volunteering at, that your blind?
Because I could not go to the elderly persons home, the agency did not want
me. There are a lot of other things I could be doing.

What do you all think?

Marsha

database 5490 (20100929) __________

http://www.eset.com