[nabs-l] volunteer opportunities

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 21:23:00 UTC 2010

I disagree.  I think in volunteer capacities, it's really okay to disclose
blindness, unless there's some issue of personal privacy the individual has.
You're offering your services free of charge.  You're going to do something
for the organization or company that they're not going to have to use
someone else's staff time, and if they're interested in taking advantage of
this rare opportunity, they'll find something for you to do that fits your
capacity and their needs.  It's easier than having to explain later on down
the road that blindness might be a factor in keeping you from accomplishing
a task.  Consider registering with Idealist.org or VolunteerMatch.org for
opportunities.

Best,

Joe