[nabs-l] Request for advice regarding the GMAT

Karen Anderson kea.anderson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 02:06:59 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Shane Buresh, a long time federationist from Nebraska, has asked me to
circulate the following letter. If you have any information or
suggestions please contact me either on or off list and I will get the
information to Shane.

thanks,

Karen Anderson

Hello folks,

My name is Shane Buresh and I am a long time member of the NFB from
Nebraska.  I work at the Nebraska Commission for the Blind as a rehab
teacher.  I wanted to write a quick note to your list and draw upon
your collective wisdom.

I have a student who is seeking to enter a masters program which
requires the standardized test called the GMAT.  We are not finding
very much information about how one can best request accommodations
for this test and which accommodations have other blind persons found
to be most affective?  In addition, if any of you have had experience
with this exam how did you prepare for this test and were there any
accessible practice materials?

While I myself along with many of you likely have experience with the
GRE and other more popular standardized tests, my student has really
come up empty in his search for advice and accommodation materials.  I
told him I would submit an information request on his behalf, because
you are the most knowledgeable resource on how to be a successful
blind student anywhere in the country.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you have to share.

Cordially yours,

Shane Buresh