[nabs-l] PR and Visual Elements

Brice Smith brice.smith319 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 20:19:13 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I am a communication major with a concentration in public relations.
While PR is foremost a writing-intensive field, there is also a design
/ aesthetics portion of the work that I cannot ignore. for example, pr
practitioners must integrate color, pictures, and design in brochures,
flyers and newsletters. Press releases and news leads go far, but not
far enough.

If anyone is studying PR, marketing or advertisement, how have you
handled the visual and design portions of the work? I have some
internship interviews with some marketing and PR firms soon, and I
want to be prepared and ready to answer questions as needed.
Additionally, I would be interested in learning about programs or
skills you have learned that have helped you in the field. Any tips or
advice anyone can offer would be helpful.

Brice

--
Brice Smith
North Carolina State University, Communication - Public Relations
Brice.Smith319 at gmail.com