[nabs-l] print documents and Braille Note

humberto humbertoa5369 at netzero.net
Tue Apr 12 02:38:29 UTC 2011

Ashley:
You can, in fact, read .doc (Microsoft Word) files in your
BrailleNote directly. All you have to do is find the document by
using either the file manager (F from the Main Menu) or the
wordprocessor (W from the Main Menu) and press enter on the word
document you want to open. When KeySoft asks "Review the
options?" just press N for no or hit enter. Or if you hit Y for
yes on the "Review the options?" prompt, it'll ask you to
translate it to Braille or something. But try it as I know, by
heart because I also have a BrailleNote in which I am typing this
message using grade 2! But your BrailleNote must be able to open
.doc files immediately and perform instant translation on the
braille display as you read it or edit it.

Cheers, Humberto

<nabs-l at nfbnet.org
>Date sent: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 00:01:37 -0400
>Subject: [nabs-l] print documents and Braille Note

>Hi all,
>I have a Braille Note m’power.
>It has several ports.
>So I can put documents on a USB drive and read from the USB drive
on the BrailleNote.

>I know how to save the text files on the USB drive.
>But to read in the BrailleNote I think it needs to be in .brf
format.
>How do I convert from the typical .doc file to a .brf file?
>Can I do this on the BrailleNote end?

>Alternatively, I have an old version of Duxbury braille
translator, DBT, and
>I can save the file that way.  But I am hoping there is a simple
way to put files on a thumb drive and read them on the
BrailleNote.

>I have some documents from class and some documents of my own
I’d like to read on the BrailleNote in grade 2 braille as
opposed to computer braille.
>So if you know how to transfer a text file that says .doc to the
BrailleNote, let me know.