[nabs-l] Mainstream Accessible eTextBooks; is there need for specialized assistive?

Kevin Chao kevinchao89 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 15:53:04 UTC 2011

With maisntream accessible eTextBooks portals: CourseSmart, Inkling
for iPad,and VitalSource Bookshelf; is there a need for specialized
assistive secluded for disabled services?

I got an iPad 2 a few days ago.

I've been very curious about Inkling as it provides interactive and a
very rich textbook experience. It's an iPad only app, which I have
installed, ran it through its paces, and is very accessible.

CourseSmart and VitalSource have online and download versions, which
work on Windows, Mac, iOS; any platform, browser, or screen reader.
Both of these provide great accessibility, experience, and navigation.
 I've used it on my  Dell XPS M1330, MacBook Pro 13", iPhone 4, and
iPad 2.

It's been about 6 months since I've used specialized assistive
secluded textbooks, don't regret the switch, and think it's absolutely
fantastic that there are mainstream accessible eTextBooks.

Kevin