[nabs-l] next nabs membership call, this sunday!

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 18:00:16 UTC 2011

Hello Students,

This month’s membership call should be quite interesting. We’ve seen
the discussions on the list serve expressing your hopes and concerns
about the future
of our beloved NFB, and we thought it would be a great idea, since we
as students are in fact the future leaders of the organized blind
movement, if we
got together to talk about this topic, in particular, the roles and
responsibilities of NABS and its affiliate divisions. We have
divisions of varying
strengths and sizes, which is all the more reason that they should be
included in shaping the future of NABS. We will discuss how all of our
work can tie
into the NFB as a whole, and how important it is that the student
divisions have a working relationship with their state affiliate.
These are just some
ideas that can be thrown around, so bring your questions over for
discussion. Call details are below.

Who: NABS Membership Committee.

What: Conference call about the future of the NFB and NABS.

When: Sunday April 17th, 2011 at 7:00 PM EST.

Where: (712) 775-7100, followed by pass code 257963.

Why: So we can bring our ideas together to pave the way for the next
generation.

We’re looking forward to hearing your ideas and feedback. If you
cannot make this conference call, remember that it will be recorded so
you can listen later.
See you on Sunday.

Respectfully,

Your NABS Membership Committee

--
Darian Smith
board member
Windows Live: Lightningrod2010 at live.com
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/goldengateace

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose.

— Robert Byrne