[nabs-l] When a loved one goes sighted

Kirt Manwaring kirt.crazydude at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 03:44:28 UTC 2011

Jorge and Homberto,
  I feel the same way.  I'm very curious to see what sight is like, I
wonder about it sometimes.  I'd even go as far as saying I sometimes
would like to see...but if the option were available, the tedium of
relearning everything, not to mention the risk of the surgery for
something I don't really need, more than balance out any wish I have
to see.  But, should a blind friend choose differently and receive
sight, I would totally understand, respect and support that decision.
And it wouldn't change the friendship on my end, although it would
spark some interesting conversations.
  Just my thoughts,
Kirt