[nabs-l] When a loved one goes sighted

Jorge Paez computertechjorgepaez at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 19:27:43 UTC 2011

Jedi:
agree on both points.

I learned everything without sight, and if I had the chance to regain it I simply wouldn't just because I'd have to start all over again.

As far as your fear, I think its valid.
Has anyone seen
the movie GATICA?
Basically, in the movie, Science has reached the level where they're able to create babies and therefore there are no disabilities of any sort,
and those with disabilites who are born the "natrual" way, are second class because the ones who are created are seen to be flawless.
I'm not saying that's where we're heading, I certainly hope not,
but your thoughts are based on good judgement and, if Science ever came up with such a thing I think most people would  take to it.

I say, let each his own, as long as people don't start forcing this.

I'm not afraid of any science, I'm afraid of it being imposed on us.

Jorge