[nabs-l] Placement Exams

Kirt Manwaring kirt.crazydude at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 03:29:37 UTC 2011

Jordan,
  I'd say lobby for the same, or similar accomodations you used in
High School for math.  Math, by its nature, seems like it would be
hard to do with a screen reader.  (at least I can't imagine like
advanced algebra, geometry, calculus and the like being readable by
Jaws- someone correct me if I'm wrong)  If you used braille in high
school, see if you can get a reader to read you the problems so you
can transcribe them into braille and work them out, then dictate your
answer back to the reader.  Or, if you're comfortable with doing math
another way, try and adapt that to the online exam as much as possible
because it's best to work with a system you already have in place
instead of trying to make something new.
  Just my two cents, hope that helps,
Kirt