[nabs-l] (no subject)

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 05:27:24 UTC 2011

I don't think there is a way to post questions on the NABS website,
but we all pose our questions to this list, and usually, you get a few
answers.

In biology, i assisted in dissecting a few animals. You could have
someone guide you as you cut, and since you will wear gloves, you can
always touch the different parts of the rat. I think you should try to
be as involved as you can. When we dissected a star fish, we had to
locate and draw different systems. I used the descriptions of the
different systems in the animal that I received from my notes and the
book to help me understand what the other group members were
describing. And it might be helpful to have someone draw with your
finger, or bring supplies to create tactile drawings of things that
might be too small or intricate for you to feel all of the details.

I hope that previous Youth Slam attendees answer, because those
students dissected a shark, so I'm sure they have some good tips.

Cindy