[nabs-l] colour and clothes

Andi adrianne.dempsey at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 16:10:35 UTC 2011

thank you everyone for your suggestions and help. I agree with Ashley, we do
live in a sighted world where fashion is a big deal, at least looking
presentable.  As a blind person we all get stared at enough, and I would
rather that when a person stares at me they think positively rather than
negatively.  Remember that when one blind person lookes bad that sighted
people form negative stereotypes about all blind people.  If for example a
person dresses badly or has blindisms, sighted people asoom that all blind
people can not dress themselves or have other cognitive impairments.  If
they think we can not dress ourselves they think we can not do other things
ourselves.  It further debilitates us in the eyes of the sighted.  If your
clothes are fashionable but do not match they look just as bad as whereing
old laty clothes.  Also all of you that made points about geens, cackies,
and black pants are totally right, that does solve a lot of problems.
However brown and black do not usually go together, and navey blue and black
do not go together.  Yet I do where a lot of geens and such.  My main
problem comes from layering clothes.  I have thees tank tops with lace on
the bottem that look nice layered under sertain other shirts and they are
all different colors, but they look the same.  I also have more sporty
looking tanks that work well under other tops.  I do a lot with allusion
with colours and layering, or rooshing to make my boddy shape look more
appealing to the sighted world. So I asked a simple question to help my
representation for the blind community to proove the sighted community that
we can be independent and not always look like blards. so I think I will try
out those tags. once again, thanks everyone for your help. p.s. does anyone
know where we can get them?