[nabs-l] [Braillenote] Blind UK drummer climbs 125 foot mast to raise moneyfor the Jubilee Sailing Trust

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 16:04:33 UTC 2011

 ---- Original Message ------
From: John Ramm <john at rammland.net
Subject: [Braillenote] Blind UK drummer climbs 125 foot mast to
raise moneyfor the Jubilee Sailing Trust
Date sent: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 09:43:24 +0100

Hi

On Saturday 6th August, not long now, I'm going to climb to the
top
of the mast of the tall ship Tenacious to raise much needed funds
for the Jubilee Sailing Trust, but WHY! Some people say it's
because I'm quite mad, but I say it's becausethe Jubilee Sailing
Trust has the only two tall ships in the world designed to allow
disabled people and those without disabilities to work side by
side
as part of the crew.  I was part of the crew last year when I
helped
to sail The Lord Nelson from Poole in Dorset to Cherbourg in
France
and back to Southampton via the Isle Of Wight and I had a
fantastic
time and felt truly included as I helped to pull the ropes, steer
the ship, serve food, hose the decks, and get dragged out of bed
go on watch at two in the morning - didn't they know I was blind!

I would be very grateful if you would sponsor me in this,
admittedly slightly barmy, attempt and the easiest way to do this
would be to go to my giving web page at:

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/johnramm

If that isn't how you'd like to give please reply to me at

john at rammland.net

and we'll find a way!

Thanks for reading this, and I hope you are able to sponsor me
and
contribute to the work of this wonderful organisation.  Please
also
feel free to forward this email to your friends and networks who
may not believe that a blind drummer is about to climb to the top
of a 125 foot mast in Southampton on 6th August.

Thanks again

John ramm

John Ramm

2010 Clore Social Fellow
Tel: 07801 734722
Email: john at rammland.net

         Find me on Twitter at:  http://twitter.com/Rammland

John Ramm

2010 Clore Social Fellow
Tel: 07801 734722
Email: john at rammland.net

Email: john at rammland.net

         Find me on Twitter at:  http://twitter.com/Rammland

___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
braillenote-unsubscribe at list.humanware.com
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote