[nabs-l] Learning Ally new prices

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 9 22:45:21 UTC 2011

Joeseph,
Well RFB had several psychology books for me and I remember the days of
listening to them at night in the library.  I plan to be a student in the
future and RFB certainly has more than textbooks; so I belive they are of
benefit to non students too.
I would take four classes and 2 or three texts were generally on RFB audio.

When I was a student, bookshare was more for leisure reading. But I hear now
they have more texts.
For those who like synthesized speech, you can always get an electronic
textbook or scan it yourself. But for me, hearing the human voice helps me
learn.
My VR stream has text to speech capability, but I can hardly understandthe
fuzzy speech! I am so thankful for RFB and NLS books.
I used NLS books for some novels in school including To Kill a Mocking Bird,
The Prince, and Death of a Salesman.
I would think if money is an issue that you could ask VR to pay for it. They
may say no, but its worth a try.
Also universities should have their own institutional membership to
Learning Ally.
So if you want their books using your school may be an option too.

Ashley