[nabs-l] nabslinkaudio.org site, Please Read

David Dunphy djdrocks4ever at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 17:11:26 UTC 2011

Hi Everybody!
I want to begin by apologizing to each and every one of you for the
convention meeting not being up yet. I realize how horribly late it
is. Sadly, there is a reason for this: The current web hosting
provider we were using had their mother board fry, and we lost some
files from the site.. Luckily, I have a backup of these things, but
our site provider does not have a system for any site backups. So if I
had a crash, and such an occurrence happened again, bye bye
nabslinkaudio.org.
So, I've done some digging around, and I have found us a new hosting
home that does have automated site backups, protects from viruses and
spam, etc.
So at around 2 PM or 3 PM eastern today, August 13 2011, the
nabslinkaudio.org site will be taken off line while we make the switch
to a new provider.
During the time of the transfer, you'll see a generic page letting you
know that the nabslinkaudio.org site is temporarily unavailable.
You'll know when the transfer is complete, for the site will be back
online again.
Once I'm sure that the domain has been updated and that all internet
service providers have had a chance to update their records to reflect
the change, I will put up the meeting for download, and also implement
text notifications of archive availability. Yes, I know I already
mentioned this, but I'm going to implement something that will:
1. Ensure the membership committee that only people who want their
numbers shared for getting text notifications of call availability get
said messages and no one else
and
2. No one can turn around and say they didn't give their number if a
concern should come up, for each phone number will have to be
validated by the owner
Don't worry, the process will be painless, and will make total sense
once you see it!
If you have any questions, please email me at
djdrocks4ever at gmail.com
Thank you.