[nabs-l] Fwd: [nabs] Employment mentoring project: mentees flier.

chris nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 14:37:04 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Laura Glowacki, NABS First Vice President"
<firstvicepresident.acbstudents at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 08:37:29 -0500
Subject: [nabs] Employment mentoring project: mentees flier.
To: "Discussion list for NABS, National Alliance of Blind Students."
<nabs at acb.org>

*Employment Mentoring Project*

*For Students Who Are Legally Blind*

**

Is finding a job your next big step after graduation??

Would you like the opportunity to work with a mentor who is also blind
and has experience in your profession of interest??

We are conducting research to see if pairing students who are blind with
mentors in their career fields will help them find employment.

*BENEFITS*

·Potential to work with a career mentor who is blind

·Access to career development resources

·Assist in research that seeks to benefit the blind community

*RESPONSIBILITIES*

·Participate from January 2012 through up to 12 months after graduation

·Face-to-face contact with mentor 4 hours a month

·Complete online activities monthly

**

*ELIGIBILITY*

·Undergraduate or graduate student, under age 35, who:

oIs legally blind

oPlans to graduate within 2-3 semesters after January 2012

oExpects to seek employment after graduation

oHas basic computer literacy and knowledge of accessibility
software/hardware needed to access online materials

*INTERESTED?*

·*Complete eligibility survey online at *http://tiny.cc/mentor-students**

·For more information, contact Jamie O'Mally at Mississippi State
University's Research & Training Center on Blindness & Low Vision at
rrtc2 at colled.msstate.edu <mailto:rrtc2 at colled.msstate.edu>or toll free:
1-800-675-7782

--
Chris Nusbaum

Sales and Advertising Coordinator

Arianna's Art Inc. Paintings for the Blind and Sighted!!!

Like us on Facebook! Search for Arianna Lipka Art for the Blind!

Visit the I C.A.N. Foundation online at: www.icanfoundation.info for
information on our foundation and how it helps blind and visually
impaired children in MD say "I can!"