[nabs-l] Fwd: [nabs] Employment Mentoring Project: mentors flier

chris nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 14:34:34 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Laura Glowacki, NABS First Vice President"
<firstvicepresident.acbstudents at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 08:38:39 -0500
Subject: [nabs] Employment Mentoring Project: mentors flier
To: "Discussion list for NABS, National Alliance of Blind Students."
<nabs at acb.org>

*Employment Mentoring Project*

*Seeking Professionals Who Are Blind *

**

Remember the challenges you faced in finding your first job??

Would you like to help a college student who is also blind begin their
career in a profession similar to yours??

We are conducting research to see if pairing students who are blind with
mentors in their career fields will help them find employment.

*BENEFITS*

·Opportunity to mentor a college student who is blind and is interested
in working in your profession

·Assist in research that seeks to benefit the blind community

*RESPONSIBILITIES*

·Participate from January 2012 through up to 12 months after your mentee
graduates

·Help your mentee develop career goals and offer opportunities for job
shadowing

·Face-to-face contact with mentor 4 hours a month

·Complete online activities monthly

**

*ELIGIBILITY*

·Legal blindness

·Currently employed or retired from a professional career

·Has basic computer literacy and knowledge of accessibility
software/hardware needed to access online materials

*INTERESTED?*

·*Complete the eligibility survey at *http://tiny.cc/mentor-professionals**

**

·For more information, contact Jamie O'Mally at Mississippi State
University's Research & Training Center on Blindness & Low Vision at
rrtc2 at colled.msstate.edu <mailto:rrtc2 at colled.msstate.edu>or toll free:
1-800-675-7782

--
Chris Nusbaum

Sales and Advertising Coordinator

Arianna's Art Inc. Paintings for the Blind and Sighted!!!

Like us on Facebook! Search for Arianna Lipka Art for the Blind!

Visit the I C.A.N. Foundation online at: www.icanfoundation.info for
information on our foundation and how it helps blind and visually
impaired children in MD say "I can!"