[nabs-l] Online Education PROS and CONS?

David Dodge daviddod at buffalo.edu
Thu Aug 18 21:20:00 UTC 2011

Personally, I am fond of traditional in class, live, education. However, I
think having the option of online and other non-traditional types of courses
is crucial. That's so awesome that you are thinking of pursuing law.

I think some of the challenges that we face with online education are (1)
being able to visually access content, (2) being able to indicate the
importance of the accommodations we need without necessarily having live
contact with an instructor, (3) staying organized and on task. The last one
is true for any class but I think it is a little tougher sometimes online.

I do believe these issues can be combated and overcome, but the important
thing is to think of strategies for doing so.

David
David Dodge
Doctoral Degree Granting Institutions Rep.
State University of New York Student Assembly
English Major
University at Buffalo
306 Clemens Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260