[nabs-l] Technology questions

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 03:08:56 UTC 2011

Hi Adriana and all,
It's possible to get a demo copy of JAWS for free. From what I
remember, demo JAWS has all the same features as the paid version of
JAWS except that it makes you restart your computer every forty
minutes. (If that's changed please correct me). Having to restart a
lot is annoying, but demo JAWS is a great free alternative especially
if you are only using it for a few months. I used a demo copy of JAWS
at two different internships and it worked out fine, and the frequent
restarts didn't seriously affect my productivity.
I'm not sure if you can download a demo copy directly from the Freedom
Scientific website, but it's likely you can. If anyone has better
advice on how to obtain a demo copy of JAWS, please chime in.
Arielle