[nabs-l] huricane Irene

chris nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 15:47:56 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I would just like to encourage everyone to stay safe if you're in the
huge path of Hurricane Irene. It seems like a pretty big one, so
please be carefull and heed the authorities' warnings and evacuate if
you need to. I'm here in northern Maryland and we're preparing for the
storm to hit. I was planning on going to the MDABS (Maryland
Association of Blind Students) annual seminar today at the national
center in Baltimore today, but unfortunately had to miss it because my
mom was worried about getting home tonight. So, while I'm disappointed
(very much so,) I hope nobody gets hurt who ends up going. So, once
again, please be safe and use common sense in this storm! That's all I
have to say. I hope everybody has a safe weekend if they're in the
path of the huricane!

Chris
--
Chris Nusbaum

"The real problem of blindness is not the loss of eyesight. The real
problem is the misunderstanding and lack of education that exists. If
a blind person has the proper training and opportunity, blindness can
be reduced to a mere physical nuissence." -- Kenneth Jernigan

Visit the I C.A.N. Foundation online at: www.icanfoundation.info for
information on our foundation and how it helps blind and visually
impaired children in MD say "I can!"