[nabs-l] cooking technique?

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 02:54:22 UTC 2011

Hi Annemarie,
I think all the suggestions above are good ones. I use a standard
nested set of measuring cups (1/4, 1/3, 1/2 and 1-cup nested inside
each other so I know which is which) and I use these for all my
measuring, dry or liquid. Then I just fill to the top, doing it over
the sink or a bowl as suggested above. It is important to try to do
the measuring right next to the container you're putting the liquid
into, so you won't spill while carrying the full measuring cup. You
can also transfer some liquids into small plastic water bottles and
store them that way, and then to pour out from the bottle, lift the
cap, tip the bottle over and squeeze the liquid into the measuring
cup. The liquid comes out slowly which is especially helpful for
things that are harder to feel, such as oil. I learned this trick from
my boyfriend who learned it from his mom, so it's not even a blindness
thing, but it works.