[nabs-l] navigating word and setting up layout

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 8 01:00:43 UTC 2011

Hi all,

So I was wondering what features whether they be jaws ones or Word ones, that you use in searching/reading documents.

What features do you use other than place markers and the find command? One technique I use is inserting a symbol I can hear as I arrow down by paragraph. Usually a ** symbol.

Also can you make a Word file look like a web page? Can you have headings and hyperlinks in there? I think that would help in navigation.
If you have multiple tables, how do you get to tables 2, 3 etc? So far I just arrow down or page down to them.
Perhaps there is a better way.
I know on the internet you can press T.

Speaking of website features in Word, if you have a form, how do you navigate it? Is it accessible? Do you just tab to the fields? That would be my guess.

Thanks.
Ashley