[nabs-l] navigating word and setting up layout

Humberto Avila avila.bert.humberto2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 05:41:34 UTC 2011

Hello ashley,

When you are in a word document, in word 2010, and if you are using JAWS,
then all you have to do is press insert+Z. this enables or disables the
quick keys on and off. Quick keys is like the virtual PC cursor on JAWS when
you are on the internet with Internet Explorer  or firefox. The commands in
the word quick keys are very similar to the ones used in the virtual cursor,
however there are a few keys that are relevant to microsoft word.
For example, you can move with: H for heading, M for spelling errors, G for
gramatical errors, O for comments, T for tables, B for bookmarks, F for
formfields, and even p for paragraphs. When you press a key that is not
associated with a word option, JAWS will report, "Not available in Microsoft
word." you can also press Insert+f7 to access a list of links in the
docment. Just like on the internet. It is very cool.

Hope this helps you.