[nabs-l] Join the national Bookshare Education Advisory Panel!

Allison Hilliker AllisonH at benetech.org
Sat Dec 17 01:07:00 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

Are you a student who would like to change the world?

Bookshare is actively recruiting two student representatives to join the national Bookshare Education Advisory Panel.  The Advisory Panel brings together accessibility and education experts from around the country to guide and inform the efforts of Bookshare, the largest on-line library of accessible e-books in the world.  The student representatives play a key role on the Advisory Panel and their input is highly valued.

The Advisory Panel meets four times a year.  Three of the meetings are phone conferences, and once a year, the entire board meets in person.

These students will advise the Panel on matters of accessibility and the use of Bookshare by college and university students. We are looking for candidates who can represent students with print disabilities who use assistive technologies for reading.

We would like to submit our final candidate choices to the Department of Education by mid January for their approval. If you are an interested student or know of a student who would be a good representative, please let them know about this exciting opportunity and forward my contact information.

Requirements

*        Student must be currently enrolled in a post secondary course of study

*        Student must be a Bookshare member

*        Student must be 18 years of age or older

If you have questions, please feel free to contact Cherie Miller, University Program Manager at Bookshare. Cheriem at bookshare.org<mailto:Cheriem at bookshare.org>.

Best,

Allison Hilliker
Collection Development Associate