[nabs-l] FW: [gui-talk] GoogleSearchSettingsPageNoLongerAccessible

Humberto Avila avila.bert.humberto2 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 04:35:35 UTC 2011

Hello Chris,

Their instructions for doing this are at the web site. All you have to do is
once you create the account with the solona web site, you will get a page
where there is a link to download a free piece of software called the solona
captcha tool. This tool will do all the housekeeping for you. When you go on
a sign up web page that has an inaccessible captcha, you won't suffer now.
Your problem can now be resolved by pressing a simple keystroke (It is
control+Alt+S I believe by default; you can change it under the options
dialog from the system tray), and the tool must be running in the system
tray in order for this to work. After pressing the hot key, you will hear
the camera sound indicating it is over taking the picture of the current
foreground which is the web page you are sending with the inaccessible
captcha. Next, you want to open a new tab on your browser or window. Then
you go to www.solona.net and click the link to log in. then when you log in,
there is a combo box that says the options you want. Scroll to captcha and
hit continue. Then you can follow the instructions to submit the captcha.
Basically, you upload the .png image file that the captcha tool created to
the service. Then you will get a page, after submitting the file, about what
to do and how to wait for the response. The response will be enclosed in a
read-only edit box, (in case you don't know what those are, they are the
edit boxes that do not allow you to type.) you must hit the refresh button
provided on the web page (not the f5 key!) in order to receive the code of
the captcha on that read only edit box.

Before venturing out with this wonderful service, please read all
instructions carefully and all procedures regarding privacy and stuff
because, for example, they want the page containing the captcha to not be
filled out of anything for sake of privacy. There are also instructions of
where to find and change how the captcha tool manages file paths and the
file for the image. All of this is again on the site.
Lastly another word of warning, the solona service has a drawback. If when
you log in, there is a message on the page that says "captcha solution
service unavailable," please don't freak, it just means that there are
currently no sighted volunteers to help with captcha solving at that time.
In such case you can wait a couple hours or until the next day. Again this
might be the only drawback.

Hope this instruction booklet, embedded in an email, helps you! (smile)