[nabs-l] GRE

Katie Wang bunnykatie6 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 20:44:58 UTC 2011

Hi Gloria,
I believe you are referring to the subject GRE tests. While the
General GRE evaluates your math, verbal, and writing ability and is
required by graduate programs from various disciplines, the subject
tests assess your knowledge in a specialized area of study in which
you are planning to do graduate work (e.g. psychology, math, etc.).
Not many Ph.D. programs in psychology require the subject test, but I
did take it when applying to grad schools since a few of the programs
that I was really interested in did require it. Most of the
accommodations-related advice that has been shared in this thread also
applies to the subject GRE, but, unlike the General test, it is still
largely paper-based (I'm not sure whether things have changed since
2008). Hope that helps!
Katie