[nabs-l] GRE

Loew, Ruth rloew at ETS.ORG
Tue Dec 27 16:54:35 UTC 2011

Hi, Gloria.

For the self-voicing computer-based GRE General Test, there's a free practice test that gives a score for the multiple-choice sections.  It's not online, though; you have to request it from Disability Services, our customer service area. Here's their contact info:

Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time (New York)
Phone:
1-609-771-7780 or 1-866-387-8602 (toll-free for test takers in the United States, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada)
E-mail:
stassd at ets.org<mailto:stassd at ets.org>
TTY:
1-609-771-7714
Fax:
1-609-771-7165
Mail:
ETS Disability Services
PO Box 6054
Princeton, NJ 08541-6054

There are lots of other accessible practice materials for the GRE General Test, though these don't give scores.  See http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/prepare/disabilities for accessible practice materials.

There are 8 different subject tests, too.  They are listed here: http://www.ets.org/gre/subject/prepare/.  You will need to take one or more of these if you're applying to programs that require them.  You'll have to find out what the individual graduate departments and programs require.  Some accessible practice materials for these are in stock, and if you need a format that's not now in stock, we'll make it on request.  Please contact Disability Services (see above) for accessible practice materials for the GRE Subject Tests.

I hope this helps.  Happy New Year, everyone!  Feel free to contact me on- or off-list if you have questions.

Ruth C. Loew, Ph.D.
Assistant Director
Office of Disability Policy, ETS
rloew at ets.org