[nabs-l] clothes shopping

Humberto Avila avila.bert.humberto2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 01:06:31 UTC 2011

Hello Ashley,

I am having similar experiences with my parents buying my clothes for me
instead of me. I would like to some day make my own independent decisions
about my clothes and what I want to wear and feel comfortable.  I'm tired of
authorities taking control of my life, LOL. Smile--. I had the same concerns
and questions as you have about stores in general, not just clothing stores.
In my experiences, yes they do offer help by saying, "are you finding
everything OK?" or things like that. So how can a blind individual making
decisions of what to buy ask or find an employee or a personal assistant at
the store? I haven't seen cases where people call in or something to make
appointments to request assistance at the store; something to look into
also.