[nabs-l] An Invitation to participate in a sex knowledge survey

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 1 22:15:33 UTC 2011

I question the reasoning behind this survey.  It is vague as to why they
are conducting this survey, and why is it specific to blind students?
Why not a study simply on any student?  Blind people do not necessarily
view, or have, sex differently than anyone else.

It comes across to me as a survey to see how the strange blind people
understand and engage in sexual activity.  What is the importance in
this survey?  I didn't realize the topic of sex was an issue to blind
folk.  And to only offer $10-- usually surveys of this kind offer a more
substantial amount.

I caution any of you who participate in this survey.  And why the
phrase, "severely blind?"  I have always hated that statement-- as
though being totally blind is debilitating.  Not to get all political,
but reading the vague description of the survey, it seems like they want
to observe the blind as though we were wild monkeys.  Just my two cents.

Bridgit P